Education, Experience & Qualifications
- USAF: 2000 – Present
- American Military Univ.: BA – Intelligence studies w/ Terrorism concentration (2011)
- Norwich Univ.: Masters of Science – Organizational Leadership (Fall 2018 Conferral)
- Youth Soccer Coach 2002 – 2004
- NR-EMT- Basic
- Live Tissue / Battlefield Trauma First Responder
- 2009 – 2012: Master Instructor for the USAF Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) School
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (2009 / Re-Cert 2017)
- CrossFit Judges Course
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- CrossFit Open…whenever I wasn’t deployed
- 2002 – 2006: Barracks Rangers Rugby
- 2007 – 2009: Univ. Alaska Fairbanks Nanooks Rugby
- 2010 – 2012: Okaloosa Islanders Rugby
- 2017 CrossFit East Regionals Judge
I have been active my whole life. I played soccer and swam competitively from the time I could walk or float. I joined the USAF at 18 and earned the right to call myself a Tactical Air Control Party member. We call in airstrikes. It is an highly challenging and selective career field. I have 9 combat deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq. I was extremely fortunate to try out for and be selected as an USAF Special Operations member. This aligned me with the elite U.S. Army Rangers, where I had the honor of earning my place as the enlisted team chief of a 12-man special operations detachment.
Needless to say, fitness has been a passion of mine as well as a critical aspect of my chosen profession. However, when I first joined the military I lacked any knowledge base or direction. I discovered CrossFit mid-2007 and it was like finding the missing puzzle piece. CrossFit just made sense. After my first CrossFit workout, I never looked back. It changed my life.
To this day, CrossFit is the only program I have personally experienced that creates sustainable progress across the continuum of experience, skill, age, and ability. CrossFit truly is for all of us. More importantly, I have never experienced a methodology which fosters community at the level which CrossFit does. I met my wife as a result of CrossFit (and dogs). Never has this sense of community been more apparent than at CrossFit Syracuse. Expert level coaching and community is what I hope to share with everyone that comes into the gym. In the future, I will be earning my CrossFit Level 2 and Level 3. After retiring from the military, I will seek a coaching internship with the Level 1 Seminar staff. From there, I plan to secure a Seminar Staff coaching position so I can continue to give back to something that has given so much to me.