Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Ithaca College 2011
- USAW Sports Performance Coach 2017
- CPR & AED Certified
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- CrossFit Judges Course
- 2013-2017 CrossFit Games Open
- 2014 Survival of the Fittest
- 2014 No Weak Links
- 2014 CNY Affiliate League
- 2014 Green Lakes Sprint Triathlon (team division)
- 2014 Cazenovia Sprint Triathlon (team division)
- 2014 Deruyter Sprint Triathlon (individual division)
- 2015 Elmira Open (Olympic weightlifting meet)
- 2015 Liberty Games (Olympic weightlifting meet – 2nd place)
- 2015 No Weak Links
- 2015 Crossfit Dewitt Ultimate Fitness Challenge
- 2016 No Weak Links
I first discovered CrossFit right here at CrossFit Syracuse. Born and raised under the experienced, professional and educated guidance of all the coaches at CFS. Like many others who walk through these doors, CrossFit was a major change in lifestyle and I truly believe it saved my life. I was 23 years old, 6’1”, 250lbs, 300+ total cholesterol, 30%+ body fat and on pace of having a very troubling life from being so unhealthy. My college days got the best of me and the kick in the rear CFS gave me was just what the doctor ordered.
Despite my post-college struggles I was very athletic most of my life. I played three sports in high school excelling in baseball and always loved the team sport atmosphere. CrossFit brings me back to those days on the diamond cheering on my teammates during the big games which is what I believe makes CrossFit and specifically CrossFit Syracuse so unique.
Becoming a Level 1 trainer was a goal of mine after completing my first year of CrossFit. I saw firsthand through my own personal experience how this sport can help people change their lives and I wanted nothing more than to be a part of someone else’s journey along the way. I know deep down that CrossFit Syracuse is the best gym at helping people achieve just that and I look forward to every chance I get to help others achieve their goals whatever they may be.