Coach, Personal Trainer
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- B.A. Wells College 2010;
- M.A. S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communication at Syracuse University 2011
- USAG Certified Gymnastics Coach
- CPR & AED Certified
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- USAG Competitive Gymnast 1990-2005
- Wells College Cross Country 2006-2010
- Wells College Swim Team 2008-2009
- Absolute Dance Company Member 2012-2014
- Tough Mudder Buffalo 2013
- CNY Throwdown 2013 & 2014 (4th)
- One Ass To Risk 2013 (5th)
- CNY Affiliate League 2013-2014
- WODchester Games 2014, No Weak Links 2014 (1st)
- Syracuse Barbell Club Olympic Weightlifting Meet (1st)
- CrossFit Open 2013, 2014 & 2015 (151st)
- Reebok CrossFit Games Team Series 2014, 2015 (116th)
- CrossFit Dewitt Ultimate Fitness Challenge 2015 (1st place)
- Rochester Heart Games 2015 (2nd)
- Rock The WOD 4 West Essex 2015
- Wodapalooza Miami 2016 Finals
- Catalyst Games 2016 (2nd)
I began my athletic career in gymnastics at age two, eventually training and competing at the national level. I was met with the success that comes from rigorous, effective and dedicated training. I won numerous state and regional titles on individual and all-around events, placing as high as second at nationals.
My knowledge of gymnastics skills, strength and mobility can benefit competitive CrossFit athletes who aim to master advanced body awareness and Regional-level skills. I often work one-on-one or in small groups with competitive gymnasts, dancers and figure skaters who desire supplemental strength and technique instruction to compliment their training regimens.
My gymnastics classes are open to athletes of all ages and skill levels who are looking to move well and be healthy. Whether you are just starting out in CrossFit or looking to perfect advanced skills, you will get what you need from my class. Balance, flexibility and core strength are crucial components to any training regimen.
I decided to end my gymnastics career at the end of my junior year in high school. Rather than pursue college scholarship offers, I joined my high school track team and after that, the Wells College cross country team. I felt what it was like to start over again and struggle at the bottom of the pack. I had to learn how to be patient with myself as I grew stronger in a new sport. This was a crucial experience that taught me humility, persistence and teamwork.
I am very passionate about working with those who fight a battle with food. From ages 14-16 I suffered from severe anorexia. Clinical viewpoints and standard medical treatment did not address the issue for me. I determinately changed my thoughts and attitude from negative to positive and learn how to be open to receiving support from my family in order to overcome that battle. Having successfully overcome the issue with no instances of relapse, I am passionate about encouraging others who face this battle or those with a struggling friend or family member.
What I practice and encourage others to do, is to be thankful for your health and use your sport to celebrate and appreciate your physical abilities.