Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Architecture, Syracuse University
- M.A. Magazine, Newspaper & Online Journalism
- Member of Front Runners New York 2011-2012
- 3.5 Years with CFS
- 5K: Corri la Vita (Florence, Italy); Cupid’s Chase; GiGi’s Playhouse Fun Run; Shamrock Run; Color Me Rad; Run or Dye; Runapalooza
- 8K: Charity for Children
- 10K: AIDs Community Resource Run
- Half Marathon: Buffalo; Syracuse
- Marathon: Buffalo; Syracuse Empire State
- Fingerlakes Team Triathlon
I could never have imagined the incredible journey I’d take with CrossFit Syracuse when I started in 2012. Our time together began when I moved back to Syracuse in that summer after having left for work post college graduation… GO SU! Sullen and out-of-shape, I accepted the challenge and invitation from a high school friend to join CFS and begin training. She raved about the caliber of coaches.
I was never much of an athlete growing up, though I played many sports and found running therapeutic. And I always struggled with nutrition. Food is and will always be a family ritual but I didn’t know how to balance enjoying that with properly fueling my body. But after attending Coach Dan’s evening class, it was love. He taught me how to do things I never thought I could and helped me foster a healthy relationship with the food I love to eat. Then after a year of attending classes I was asked to join the team and share my CFS spirit.
This community celebrated and embraced me in a way I never expected. I’m here to welcome those new to our box as Dan and Ellen did me, and make those who have been with us feel appreciated every day. I hope to make your time with CFS an enjoyable and seamless experience!