Owner, Head Coach, Personal Trainer, Remote Coach
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Union College 2005
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- NSCA – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- USAW Sports Performance Coach
- Kettlebell Athletics Level 2 Coach
- MDUSA Catapult Weightlifting Seminar
- Dmitry Klokov Olympic Weightlifting Seminar
- CPR & AED Certified
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- CrossFit Kettlebell
- CrossFit Endurance
- CrossFit Mobility
- CrossFit Gymnastics Level 1
- CrossFit Competitors Course
- CrossFit Judges Course
- 2009 CrossFit Games Northeast Regional Individual Qualifier (35th place)
- 2010 CrossFit Games Northeast Regional Individual Qualifier (DNF)
- 2011 CrossFit Games Northeast Regional Individual Qualifier (12th place)
- 2012 CrossFit Games Northeast Regional Individual Qualifier (9th place)
- 2013 CrossFit Games Northeast Regional Individual Qualifier (DNF)
- 2014 CrossFit Games Northeast Regional Individual Qualifier (23rd place)
- 2015 CrossFit Games Northeast Regional Individual Qualifier (31st) – Oldest Individual Male Competitor & 7th Individual Regionals Appearance
- 2016 CrossFit Games Northeast Open Finisher (34th)
- 2011 Skinny Man Triathlon
- 2012 WNY Hammerhead Challenge (1st place)
- 2013 WNY Hammerhead Challenge Dewitt Event (1st place)
- 2013 Beast of the East (9th Place)
- 2013 CrossFit 315 1 Ass to Risk (1st Place)
- 2014 CNY Throwdown (2nd place)
- 2016 No Weak Links (2nd place)
- 2016 Catalyst Games (Rx Team Division, 2nd place)
- 2017 No Weak Links (2nd place)
I have dreamed of owning a gym for basically my whole life and took the first real step when I left law school in 2007 to follow my passion for fitness as a personal trainer in NYC. I eventually built up a strong following of clients and my business minded wife Ellen and I set our sights on opening our own gym in the underserved active community of Syracuse. In 2012 CrossFit Syracuse was born, and it grew quickly. Today we have the largest CrossFit affiliate in Central New York thanks to our talented staff and extremely loyal members.
I manage all things fitness at CFS and I always strive to lead by example. From the execution of my own fitness regimen to the healthy lifestyle choices I make, I hold myself to the same high standards that I want for my coaches and members. Being a leader in fitness also means that you are a learner; books, articles, videos, weekend seminars, online courses, I am always learning about something strength and conditioning in my free time. I follow the best coaches in the world, from Olympic Champion Weightlifters to Physical Therapists who are rewriting what prehab, training, and rehab should look like. My vision of fitness combines my studies with my own 20+ year journey as a gym rat who loves all things exercise.
When you train at CFS, you experience a brand of fitness that will stand the test of time. Our programming will deliver lasting and meaningful results when combined with hard work. Our gym atmosphere supports the fire-breathers and the newbies with equal passion and effort. From the way we clean, to the way we coach, to the way we treat our members, our gym is one of the best in the world. My hope for the future is to continue growing our reach to help more people experience the joy and freedom that comes with true health and fitness.
Current Lifetime Fitness Goals:
Snatch 300 and Back Squat 500 and Run a Sub 5:30 min mile all in the same week.
Climb a mountain.